Announcements: Welcome Back to School!!
Assignment Due by the Beginning of Class Period
|12/3||Quiz on present active participles (also translate through the third paragraph but it won't be on quiz)|
|12/4||Quiz on five irregular 3rd declension nouns from pages 145-146|
|12/7||Translation work TBA|
|12/8*||Quiz on Future Tense Forms|
|12/10||Translation work TBA|
|12/11||Quiz on Chapters 9-10 vocabulary|
|12/14||Quiz on "to go" and "to be"|
|12/15*||Test on Chapters 9-10|
|1/7||No HW for today|
|1/8||review the Ch 11a grammar on the formation of the thematic aorist, 205-210. Tag the list of irregular aorist verbs on 210|
|1/11||review Ch 11b on irregular thematic aorist roots, 219-221|
|1/12*||Quiz on Thematic Aorist Active and Middle of six verbs|
|1/14||Class will meet without me; work on your vocabulary quiz for tomorrow and/or Ch. 11b translation|
|1/19*||Quiz on Chapters 1-5 vocab including principle partsu; visiting candidate will teach you today|
|1/21||Quiz on Chapter 11 vocabulary (includes principal parts of verbs)|
|1/22||Class will meet without me; work on your vocabulary quiz for tomorrow and/or Ch. 12b translation|
|1/25||Vocabulary Review Quiz on Chapters 6-10 (includes principal parts of verbs where included in Quizlet/iFlash)|
|1/26*||Quiz on Sigmatic Aorist, all forms|
Quiz on Chapter 12 vocabulary (includes principal parts of verbs)
|2/2*||Test on Chapters 11-12|
|2/18||Class will meet without me; work on Geography Project|
|2/19||Class will meet without me; work on Geography Project|
|2/22||National Greek Exam Geography Project Due|
|Review Test on All Vocabulary Chapters 1-8|
Here are some useful sites and tools I have found to aid your study. We will add to this list as we move through the year.
Type Greek (using a standard keyboard). A key to the alphabet is available: http://www.typegreek.com
Maps for Students, by Orbis at Stanford University
As a member of Dr. Reider’s Greek 1 class, I agree to
honor the following principles, in addition to the general class expectations
1. I will not cheat by sharing answers with another student during either a test or a quiz, or by copying from another paper or knowingly allowing my paper to be copied by another. I understand that my teacher trusts me to abide by this agreement even if out of the room for a moment.
2. Although I understand that I may confer with others in doing my homework, I will not simply copy another student’s work and present it as mine. My name on any work signifies that I have done that work, not another.
3. I will not use any translation, published or online, as an aid for my homework.
4. I will tell my teacher before class if I have not been able to complete an assignment.
5. I will not write vocabulary words in my text.
6. I will not copy down translations as other students present them in class.
7. I will always respect other people’s property. I will not borrow books or notes from others or the classroom without their specific permission.
8. I will conduct myself in class in a manner conducive to self-respect and the respect of others.