Announcements: Welcome Back to School!!
Assignment Due by the Beginning of Class Period
|3/26*||Review the Future and Aorist forms introduced in Chapters 10, 11, 12; Review Quiz possible|
|3/27||Quiz on Imperfect Forms, Active and Middle|
|3/30||Quiz "to be" and "to go";|
|4/2*||Quiz on Chapter 13 vocabulary including aorist pp for verbs|
|4/3||Study chapter grammar from 13 beta; WORKBOOK EXERCISES pgs 88-89 (do the first 10 of each)|
|4/6||Quiz on Chapter 13 (including relative pronouns and new irregular 3rd declension nouns)|
|4/8||Study the grammar on pgs 234-238; do the worksheet on comparison of adjectives and adverbs choosing your own 1/2 declension and 3rd declension regular adjectives|
|4/9*||Quiz on regular comparison of adjectives and adverbs (similar to worksheet only I pick the adjectives)|
|4/10||Begin memorizing the irregular adjectives and adverbs on pages 235-236, and also learn the rules on page 237|
|4/13||Quiz on regular and irregular comparison of adjectives and adverbs, and the rules|
|4/15||Quiz on Chapters 14 vocabulary with aorist principal part|
|4/16*||Test on Chapters 13-14|
|4/22||Chapter 15: translate the first two paragraph of the reading; write it out|
|4/23*||Quiz on athematic aorists of the three verbs on page 252|
|4/24||Test corrections due; work on your projects|
|4/27||Portfolio Project Due: Athens vs. Sparta Debate|
|4/29||class will not meet today; take class time to work on your double homework assignment|
|4/30*||translation of 15 beta reading (you may NOT take your HW pass); work individually and type out your translation, double spaced, then email it to me by start of class. 20 point graded assignment|
|5/1||Quiz on omicron contract verbs|
|5/6||Chapter 16a Translation through line 23; spend the rest of your hour REVIEWING VOCABULARY|
|5/7*||Quiz on Chapter 1-6a Vocab (including principal parts for verbs)|
|5/8||Chapter 16 Translation TBA; spend the rest of your hour REVIEWING VOCABULARY|
|5/11||Quiz on Chapter 6b-10 Vocab (including principal parts)|
|5/13||Chapter 16b Translation TBA; spend the rest of your hour REVIEWING VOCABULARY|
|5/14*||Quiz on Chapter 11-13 Vocab (including principal parts)|
|5/18||Quiz on Chapter 14-16 Vocab (including principal parts)|
|5/21*||Test on Chapters 15-16|
|5/25||Quiz on "I am" vs. "I (will) go" (both present and imperfect tenses)|
|5/27||Quiz: "declensions bingo"|
|5/28||last class together|
|Test on Chapter 1-12 Vocab (VERBS ONLY - including principle parts)|
Here are some useful sites and tools I have found to aid your study. We will add to this list as we move through the year.
SPIonic Font: click here to be routed to the download page
VRoma, an interactive site with many links and visual resources.
Maps for Students, by the Ancient World Mapping Center at the University of North Carolina
As a member of Dr. Reider’s Greek 1 class, I agree to
honor the following principles, in addition to the general class expectations
1. I will not cheat by sharing answers with another student during either a test or a quiz, or by copying from another paper or knowingly allowing my paper to be copied by another. I understand that my teacher trusts me to abide by this agreement even if out of the room for a moment.
2. Although I understand that I may confer with others in doing my homework, I will not simply copy another student’s work and present it as mine. My name on any work signifies that I have done that work, not another.
3. I will not use any translation, published or online, as an aid for my homework.
4. I will tell my teacher before class if I have not been able to complete an assignment.
5. I will not write vocabulary words in my text.
6. I will not copy down translations as other students present them in class.
7. I will always respect other people’s property. I will not borrow books or notes from others or the classroom without their specific permission.
8. I will conduct myself in class in a manner conducive to self-respect and the respect of others.