Remember to refresh your browser to catch any updates to this syllabus!!!!
|12/2||(In class work, no HW): Try translating the first sentence with help from the notes. Work on the Treasure Hunt for next class|
|12/3||Prepare a translation of PC, 1-10 (iubeat). Learn the first 15 treasure hunt answers by heart.|
|12/9||Treasure Hunt Questions: all answers due (cumulative); 34-44|
|12/11||PC 65-83 (debeo)|
|12/14*||Test: Translation, Grammar, Essay|
|1/7||No HW for today; Bring your books to class as we will get right into it; Here is the link to the 1st vocab quiz (iFlash, Mac) or Quizlet page (any computer)|
|1/8||Vocabulary list 1 quiz|
PC 128-144 (effusior)
|1/14||Class will meet without me (instructions TBA); PC 144-167 Read in English 158-353 (Section XIII, middle of chapter 30)|
|1/22||Sight translation. Get your sleep and be ready!|
|2/5||Vocabulary list 2 quiz|
|2/15||SKIP AHEAD to 693-720|
|2/17||720-728, then SKIP to 753-765. Once again, read the skipped part.|
|2/22||786-796, then SKIP ahead (read skipped part) 822-833|
|2/24||National Latin Exam during chapel and A block|
|2/25||Lines 833-851, then SKIP AHEAD to 911 (Vellem) - 919 (consectus)|
|3/2||Quiz on Vocab List 3|
|Enjoy Your Holiday!!|
Words Dictionary, by William Whitaker. Latin to English and English to Latin
The Latin Library. Clean Virgil Text For Student Download
Other Sites of Interest
Orbis. Maps of the Ancient Roman World by Stanford University
Silva Rhetoricae: Descriptions and examples of devices derived from classical poetry and rhetoric.
As a member of Dr. Reider’s Latin class, I agree to honor the following
principles, in addition to the general class expectations covered separately:
1. I will not cheat by sharing answers with another student during either a test or a quiz, or by copying from another paper or knowingly allowing my paper to be copied by another. I understand that Dr. Reider trusts me to abide by this agreement even if he steps out of the room for a moment.
2. Although I understand that I may confer with others in doing my homework, I will not present another student’s work as mine. My name on any work signifies that I, not another, have done that work.
3. I will abide by Dr. Reider's class policy regarding use of published translations in preparing homework.
4. I will tell Dr. Reider before class if I have not been able to complete an assignment.
5. I will not write vocabulary words in my text.
6. I will not copy down translations as other students present them in class.
7. I will always respect other people’s property. I will not borrow books or notes from others or the classroom without their specific permission or Dr. Reider's.
8. I will conduct myself in class in a manner conducive to self-respect and the respect of others.